I wanted to send everyone a quick email saying congratulations to your boys for making the 12AA baseball team as well as say hi. As everyone has probably figured out, with Jackson Shackelford moving up to AAA, the AA team needed a new coach, so I will be the head coach this year. Obviously, 10 of the 12 players are back from last year so I’m excited to see mostly familiar faces from last season along with some new ones for the season. It is a great group of kids!
As the snow melts and we get closer to April 1, I will send more details regarding practice plans and details related to the season. However, a few dates for your reference:
- Week of April 25 - Games start. However, the games won’t be scheduled until that first week of April. So, we won’t know the exact dates of the games until then.
- May 7 – May 9 – Eden Prairie Tournament
- June 4 – June 6 – Edina Classic (We will need parent volunteers for this weekend!)
- June 25 – June 27 – Eagan Tournament
- July weekends – Possible state tournament games.
Note, EBA voted on no out of town tournaments this year requiring a hotel.
A couple of other administrative items:
- Uniform orders - Orders are due March 6. So, if you haven’t got those in yet, please do so soon.
- Team manager – If anyone is willing to help be the team manager please let me know. It would help for organizing communications and scheduling. Thank you in advance!
- Assistant coaches – If anyone is in interested in helping coach, let me know.
My cell phone is 612-715-2003 and my email is email@example.com. Please feel free to reach out at any time. I’m looking forward to a great summer. Talk to you soon.